July 21, 2014SummerFest Video Highlights
Katie Byrne was one of several local players competing the SummerFest Beach Volleyball tournament. The tournament, whichi is sponsored by Indian River Physical Therapy, took place at DeVoe Beach Saturday.
The Indian River SummerFest Biathlon drew a record number of participants with 77 people competing in the event, which includes kayaking and bicycling. (Additional photos and results will appear in the July 24 edition of the Straitsland Resorter.)
Hope Turner smiled as she crossed the finish line of the Indian River SummerFest 10k race sponsored by the Indian River Kiwanis Club. Turner placed first in her age class in the women's 10K.
Stories in this week's Resorter
- Sewer construction dewatering will require permits
- Inland Lakes MME and ACT test scores improve
- County Republican Party hosting political debates in Indian River
- Sturgeon River Paddlesports opens in Wolverine
- New farm market between Indian River and Alanson
- Tae Kwon Do Academy moves to former Black Lake School
- Local businessman helps school save money
- Fresh strawberries and melted chocolate: A matter of survival
- William (Bill) Mapes
- Charles E. Owen
- Rites pending: Yvonne Howard