Oct. 2, 2014
It took more than 70 old license plates, but with the help of several people, Dr. Doug Hebert rounded up the necessary plates and created this depiction of the State of Michigan, which can be seen next to his office in downtown Indian River. (Story in the Oct. 2 edition of the Straitsland Resorter.)
Garrett Key had a good night both running with and catching the ball in the Inland Lakes varsity football team's 18-14 win over Mancelona. Key caught three passes for 73 yards. (Story in Oct. 2 edition of Straitsland Resorter.)
Stories in this week's Resorter
- Higher than anticipated enrollment helps Inland Lakes budget.
- Interest rates on bond better than expected for Inland Lakes.
- Township board hosts Town Hall informational meeting.
- Varsity Bulldogs 4-1 after Homecoming win over Mancelona.
- Sophie Passino and Joe Walker crowned Inland Lakes Homecoming Queen and King.
- Inland Lakes girls win Boyne Falls Cross Country Invitational.
- Examine the record of incumbent legislators
- Public projects will improve town
- Question township board's new-found commitment to "information"