Jan. 28, 2014
Sledding isn't truly fun unless you're going fast enough to have at least a little bit of apprehension. These two thrill seekers were sliding down the hill at Cooperation Park in Indian River this past Saturday afternoon.(See additional witner photos in the Jan. 29 edition of the Straitsland Resorter)
This young lady was among several people who enjoyed a family skating party Saturday afternoon as part of the Indian River WinterFest activities. (Additional WinterFest photos appear in the Jan. 29 edition of the Straitsland Resorter.)
Andrew Dufek dropped 21 points against Mancelona, but it wasn't quite enough as the Ironmen defeated Inland Lakes 68-55. The Bulldogs came back on Monday evening to beat Posen 65-36.
Sadie Bunker concentrates as she prepares to shoot a free thrown during the Inland Lakes and Forest Area varsity girls basketball game. The Bulldogs picked up their third win of the season, dumping Forest Area 55-13.
Stories in this week's Resorter
- And you would be - Norm Pratt, Indian River Airport Manager.
- Link Industries receives award and plans for future and growth.
- School finalizing drawings for bids on construction project.
- Sheriff Department seeks grant for new bulletproof vests.
- Knights of Columbus free throw contest winners
- Bulldog boys' basketball team loses to Mancelona and beats Posen.
- Bulldog girls basketball team follows two-game win streak with two-game loss streak.
- Black Lake preparing for sturgeon fishing and Shivaree Festival.
- Local government should embrace concept behind Freedom of Information Act
- Albert H. Bischoff
- Mae I. Tuesley